About Me

My photo
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Welcome to my blog, and thank you for stopping by. I hope you find it informative, and if there is anything I have missed or you would like me to talk about please drop me a line of suggestion. After seeing a nutritional therapist I decided from the improvement of my own health that I would like to be there in the same way for others, therefore, I studied two degrees; one in Nutritional Therapy and another in Bioscience Nutrition so that i could be equipped to support a number of health conditions. I now work for a supplement company on a clinical team supporting practitioners and keeping upto date with all new scientific information and provide private consultations too aswel as keeping my blog going :)

ttps://twitter.com/Samanthaeprior

Wednesday 10 June 2015

Gluten Free Vegan Brownies with walnuts


Recipe serves 12

Ingredients
·         225g of 70% Montezuma's Organic Very Dark Chocolate Bar Vegan
·         100g of Doves Gluten Free white flour
·         4 Tbsp flaxseed meal (ground raw flaxseed) with 4tablespoons of water
·         120g of coconut oil
·         100g of caster sugar
·         1 table spoon of green and blacks cocoa powder
·         100g of chopped walnuts


Method
1.    Preheat the oven to 170C for 20 mins
2.    Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper, don’t forget to also cover the sides
3.    Heat the butter and chocolate in a bowl above a saucepan of simmering water
4.    Leave the chocolate to cool
5.    Whisk flaxseed meal with 4 water and add with the caster sugar till light and fluffy. It should look airy with lots of bubbles
6.    Fold in the cooled chocolate and sieve in the flour and cocoa powder and fold that in also
7.    Mix in chopped nuts
8.    Pour the mixture into the baking tray and leave in the oven to cook for 15 mins.  Check at 10mins see if they are firm as gluten free tends to cook with quicker.



·         

No comments:

Post a Comment